Senior Product Designer (f/m/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time
Barcelona, Berlin or remote (EU)
We are looking for an experienced product designer to join our Design team, responsible for delivering the best experience on Beams. The design team is at the heart of Beams’ visual identity and UI, developing new features and experiences for our users. At Beams, we use a deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of our users all over the world, bringing their voices together through the collaboration to the devices they use every day.
What you’ll do:
- Design the future of micro podcasting experience at Beams.
- As an experienced designer, you will help set the tone for our design team with your work.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, and specific platform demands to produce data-informed solutions.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team made up of representatives from engineering, product, community, among others.
- You will maintain a consistent record of designing experiences for mobile apps.
Who you are:
- You are a confident and experienced designer, able to take full ownership of your work and total responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity final treatments.
- You are comfortable working closely with your colleagues from engineering, product and community. You can synthesize and incorporate their points of view in your work.
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to craft products/features that truly have meaningful impact.
- You are able to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts, and communicate your design work alongside your reasoning.
How to apply:
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio.
What do we offer?
- A steep learning curve with a lot of responsibility from day #1.
- Great personal & professional development opportunities in an early-stage fast-growing start-up with an international, ambitious and experienced team.
- Flat hierarchies for creative ideas and unconventional approaches.
- A highly entrepreneurial environment where everyone has ownership and freedom to move towards our ambitious goals while getting strong enablement by our management.
- Free choice of your hardware equipment.
- Budget for your learning and development.
- Attractive & competitive salary package.
- Great office in the heart of Barcelona.
We are looking forward to hearing from you! We value the diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from different backgrounds.